Friday, October 3, 2008

Kiwi Inspiration

http://www.888dag.com/




My Kiwi-man was told about this cartoon by his boss at work and hesitantly told me it was quite funny (he gets a little sensitive about kiwi-accent jokes). So I checked it out and thought it worthy of a link.

Which got me thinking about Kiwis and associated inspiring Things.

Number One had to be my man, of course! He's hard-working, honest, enthusiastic, loving and funny. He's salt-of-the-earth and completely unpretentious.

He's the one that got me onto my Number Two favourite thing of NZ; Salmonella Dub. This being the band, not the bacteria causing severe stomach cramps and diarrhea. They play a reggae/ska/drum'n'base blend (apologies to music-lovers as I am notoriously bad describing music). We saw them live in Sydney a couple of years ago and were blown away!

My Third favourite New Zealand thing would have to be Akoroa, the picturesque little french whaling town on the South Island were we got engaged. It is just so pretty and I thoroughly recommend it to anyone!

And after today's heat I absolutely crave for the cooler New Zealand temperatures!

No comments: