Thursday, October 23, 2008

Sad news

http://www.888dag.com/

I just heard such sad news, that I can't think of anything else. A work colleague passed away suddenly after having been told that her condition was benign for 18 months. She leaves behind a husband and two young children aged 3 and 5.

It's a strange thing, being a flight attendant you may know someone for decades, and share the most intimate details of your lives with each other whilst away on duty. But often the friendships don't carry on whilst at home. So the loss of this lovely woman is at once very close to home, yet also a little removed.

When I think of her husband and children I cry for them. My first thought was of all the milestones they will celebrate without her and how much they will miss her. Christmas and Birthdays are the obvious ones, but also school recitals, grazed knees, first kisses etc.

I wish her family all the love and strength and support.

Rest in Peace Anna

4 comments:

pommygran8 said...

How awful! life is so unfair-we must all enjoy each day we get...

888 The Av 'n Gav Show 888 said...

It is so distressing to think that one day we are here and the other not.

EyeOfTheLeopard said...

I know what you mean. In our job you get to know people quite well. It's a pure work friendship and often you don't see each other for months. But nonetheless the news is very sad. My heart goes out to her family and everyone who knew her.

Megan said...

My heart goes out to you and her family. When you know someone so well and then they're gone, it leaves a void in your life.

Condolences to you and her family.