Saturday, October 11, 2008

Late Night Rage

http://www.888dag.com/


It's after 11 pm and I should be in bed. As a matter of fact I was in bed but couldn't sleep and just had to get up to blow off some steam. The thing is, I'm very upset.

Today was The Big Day, our little Miss M's First Birthday Party. We had a lovely day. The sun was out all day, the cake was beautiful AND delicious, Miss M was on her best behaviour, loving the balloons and coloured decorations her daddy put up for her. My friend V brought the most delicious gourmet mini-pies, and my Sister made very yummy fruit-kebabs. Miss M was thoroughly spoiled with lots of presents.

Then why be upset, you ask? I'm upset because several of my dearest friends were no-shows. I know they all had valid reasons why they couldn't be here today, and I totally understand they all have their own lives to live. But to receive a call, or worse a text, at the END of the day is in my books just not good enough.

Of the 9 people that didn't show, 1 send me a text the night before, 5 let me know one way or another during the morning/day, 2 rang after the party finished and 1 send a text at 8.30 pm.

So, I'm spewing right now. I know, I should let it go and be thankful that we had a nice day with those that did take the trouble. But you only get one go at a first birthday and it would've been nice to share it with those that I considered my fr-amily.

2 comments:

EyeOfTheLeopard said...

It was a special day and I'm proud to have been part of it. xx

Lise said...

Oh I totally understand your feelings when things like that happen. It infuriates me as I noticed it seems to be happening more. People not making the effort to make contact with plenty of notice! How rude! 1st birthdays are VERY important and they should be grateful to be invited at all! Lack of respect is part of it I reckon. Over your lifetime, you change friends for that reason but change is good. Least you know where you stand with some!! Glad Miss M had an enjoyable time with those who joined her!