Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Sadness

http://www.888dag.com/

A friend called today and told me that his father passed away. He was almost 90 and sick for a while but death always seems to come unexpected. My friend sounded understandably deflated and sad on the phone and I just wanted to give him a big hug. I tried to think of something comforting to say, but there's really nothing that can take away a sadness like that.

I read the following quote somewhere and thought it might be quite appropriate as my friend's father was very religious and strongly believed in the afterlife;

When you are born, you cry and the world rejoices
When you die, you rejoice and the world cries

I wish my friend and his family love and courage during this difficult time.

4 comments:

Madame Synesthesia said...

My condolences for your friend. A death is always a very, very difficult thing to deal with, especially when it's someone so close. That was a beautiful quote you posted as well. Thanks for sharing.

Lise said...

They say we all have to die and go sometime. Yes I know but it still hurts when your loved one dies! I am fortunate to still have my parents despite the distance so appreciate my time when I see them! Not long though...come 31 Oct!!

EyeOfTheLeopard said...

I'm sorry to hear about your friends loss. I'm sure he found condolence in sharing his bereavement with you.

pommygran8 said...

Never the "right" time to die even if you are 90! Words can never help but knowing someone cares does...sadness shared is sadness halved..