Sunday, September 7, 2008

Happy First Father's Day My Love!


It's been a couple of days so thought I better hop on and give an update of our little lives. Of course today is Father's Day, Mr Kiwi's first one so I wanted to make it special. We started this morning at 7 am. A sleep-in courtesy of little Miss M! Presents in bed, including obligatory undies (no socks this year) and then brekkie (not in bed, way too messy!).


We were out the door at 10 am, eager to escape the house after Friday and Saterday's torrential rain. We thought we'd drive down the South Coast and see where it took us. It's such a lovely drive, with some beautiful views on the way. We ended up in the Gong, where we had fish burgers and beer in the park. Miss M loved the freedom and crawled around happily exploring every twig and leaf to be found.


As part of our conscious effort to watch less on the idiot box, we had a candle-lit music night. Listening to Pink Floyd and chatting away. Mr Kiwi loves educating me on all aspects of music, but the 70's hold a special place in his heart. I am a willing subject and find it all very relaxing.


Tonight I've got a special dinner planned with scallops, which is Mr Kiwi's favourite. But that'll have to wait till Miss M is out cold. Scallops over-cook way too quickly, so I'm not going to run that risk.


The best thing is that Mr Kiwi has tomorrow off as well, so we get another day together as a family! To me definitely the best days!


Hooroo!



2 comments:

Lise said...

Love those extra days off! Enjoy today!

EyeOfTheLeopard said...

Cool pic!