Monday, September 22, 2008

Possibilities and Positivity

http://www.888dag.com/

I was talking to my brother earlier, who found out today that he wasn't one of the 800 people at Telstra who lost their job. Phew! On the other hand he didn't seem too worried. He had faced a similar situation earlier and I guess it taught him that it is not the end of the world. It's just the end of your comfort-zone.

I have been in my job for 15 years. Before I had Miss M I just couldn't imagine ever doing anything else. Like most other people I hated any changes that were made by management and did my share of complaining about it!

While I still enjoy what I do (well at least I did before I went on Maternity Leave), having a baby has opened up my mind to other possibilities. I've HAD to learn some new skills and I've HAD to update some old ones, but now that I've done that I remember that I CAN do whatever I put my mind to.

I still haven't got a firm plan B, but I feel confident that it'll come to me when the time is right. In the meantime I would like to say to all those people who were unfortunate enough to get the boot; use this as an opportunity to break free of your comfort-zone and head for bigger and better things. There are always possibilities if you look for them!

Where there's a will, there's a way!

1 comment:

Lise said...

That is so true! A change is often good! They say people who take risks to look for something challenging often are successful!