Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Hello....anyone seen my inspiration?

Isn't it funny how some days your mind gets flooded with ideas and other days it's barren like the Simpson Desert? I've said this before and I'll say it again; lack of sleep has a lot to do with it. But some days I just feel like I've been dumbed down somehow. Stuck in an eternal cycle of waking up, tending to life's tedious tasks, and then, exhausted, going to sleep again.

I admire those that wake up each day, fighting for some important Cause. Saving the Whales, or the Planet, or lives at the hospital. People with Great Ideas and the conviction and energy to follow through.

But then I think I might be a little hard on myself. Because what greater Cause is there than raising a child? I look at little Miss M and realise that I want to be a better person for her. I want to have a better world for her. I am learing about computers because I figure it's part of being a plugged-in, switched-on parent. I am reading the labels on jars in the supermarket and have educated myself about the perils of additives etc. I want her to have the freedom and possiblities to be the best that she could be.

I guess I have found my inspiration. It was never really lost.



http://www.888dag.com/

2 comments:

EyeOfTheLeopard said...

I'm pleased you found your inspiration, but I also find you very inspirational.
As I type, Mr.T and I are riding on a train through your home country and we both find it absolutely beautiful.

TomDiggleHarry said...

Dear Miss Beautiful DutchKiwiAussie, wow... Yes, your little Miss M thinks the world of you - there is nobody in this world who is like you. When you close your eyes, listen to what is inside your body...it is alive, that is what is special, by being you and nothing else. There is nothing to prove, absolutely nothing - and that is what is beautiful about our 888 Family. Each one of us learning how to be ourselves and nothing else. Lots of love from over the hills...