Tuesday, August 5, 2008

**888*Access*888**

I was talking to one of the Mum's at playgroup yesterday. She was telling me that she went into the city with the pram the other day and how difficult it was to get around. I have experienced that more than once myself. I am able-bodied, my only 'handicap' being that I've got a bouncing baby in a pram. So, if I can't get to a shop because the escalator or doorway is too narrow, I just shop elsewhere.

But what about those with a disability? The elderly and frail? The vision-impaired. To them, Access to the community is denied in so many small ways we take for granted. I think it pays to stop and think every now and again.

Be aware, breathe, see what you can change, don't be afraid to offer help and assistance. *888* Inclusion and Access *888*

No comments: