Saturday, August 23, 2008

Brrr...It's freezing!

Yuk! I hate getting out of bed when it's this cold. Am currently sitting ON TOP of the heater in a vain attempt to get warm and cosy. Little Miss M was up twice thru the night, her teeth must be bothering her, poor thing. By the time I got her settled again, of course I couldn't get back to sleep. Never mind, might as well get up and have brekkie and start some blogging.

I start work at 9 am so haven't got that much time anyway. I'm doing some office work for a friend which is great. I quite enjoy organising things for her and it helps her out too. And just between you and me; it is nice to have some baby-free time and think different thoughts for a couple of hours a week. Daddy is wrapped to have this Daddy-Daughter-Day too, so it's a WIN-WIN situation!

We've been talking about finally getting our lovely little boat in the water. It's about time too, we've had her for almost 2 years now! We've been working on her, fixing and painting and improving, but now it really is time to have some FUN! She is called 'Petit Bateau' which is french for little boat. She is a Hartley trailer-sailer, a New Zealand design. We now hope to have her in the water (and floating) in October, ready for the long hot summer. We already got a little life-jacket for Miss M; SAFETY FIRST.

Hopefully the weather is better tomorrow, so we can go and check out some moorings in Fisherman's Bay. Ahhh, I can already see myself laying back in the sun with a glass of SavBlanc, enjoying the sounds of the water lapping against the boat...

On that note... better get ready.

Hooroo!




www.888dag.com

1 comment:

EyeOfTheLeopard said...

I'm looking forward to going for a ride :)