Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Much better, thanks!


Today has been much better. Started gargling with salt-water last night. Home remedy courtesy of my friend Matty. It's disgusting but does work and is completely natural. The trick is NOT to swallow!

So packed up my Precious this morning, and her nappy-bag, a rug, some toys, something to eat 'just in case', as well as my towel, yoga mat and bottle of water, and made my way to another boxercise class. Honestly, I'm a pretty organised person, but it still amazes me how much shit you have to carry with you when you go anywhere with a baby!

It was all worth it as it was truly invigorating working out in the park. There was even a new mum there, who only gave birth 2 weeks ago. So I salute her!

I've never been one to exercise much. I did the gym-thing sporadically 'cause I felt I should, but never really got into it. I could certainly never understand those people that got addicted to it! But being outdoors makes all the difference to me. And it's kinda liberating to punch someone with all your might. It mellows me out for the rest of the day, and nothing stresses me much and that's gotta be good, right?



www.888dag.com

2 comments:

Lise said...

That is the one thing I do not miss now, the nappy bag!! Mind you I have replaced it with a big handbag now that I am carrying allsorts, blackberry, mobile, camera, 20 sticks of lipsticks...might as well continue using the nappy bag!!!

Lise said...

You are so good with having a baby as well as exercising! Have been telling myself to go for a walk for a while as I hate the gym!